Wednesday, November 5, 2008

two things

1) I forgot to mention last time that a day after I had set up this Blogger account, it was labeled as a potential spam blog and is currently under review. I would like to note that I had not even created a post at the time. How it was flagged as a potential spam blog is beyond me.

2) I would also like to add that I wouldn't mind time at work to enrich any sort of technology skill that goes beyond my current proficiencies. I am very familiar with gaming systems (being a gamer since I was six), I like mp3 players but dislike the dominance of the iPod, I am aware of and advocate open source programs, etc. However, I would like to improve my skills in specific areas. For instance, I would certainly not mind taking the time to relearn HTML and CSS code.

I would also like to use this blog to talk about issues that are important to me. On the other hand, I also see these discussions as endeavors best pursued outside the workplace, and do not want to speak too frankly at my place of employment. (I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do think that meaningful discussion requires a level of candidness not especially encouraged in any work environment --unless you're a debater, of course ^^ ).

Anyway, while I don't like being spoon-fed links and being told how something is "new" or "awesome" (especially when I find it not novel at all and dull) I do enjoy the opportunity to discuss issues, technological or otherwise, on this blog.

No comments: